On today’s edition of The Giblog’s “Tuesday Motor Review” I will introduce to you one more alternate energy fueled vehicle for you to consider in 2011.
The Fisker Karma is the world’s first premium plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and the embodiment of Fisker Automotive’s commitment to creating environmentally conscious vehicles with passion, style and performance.
Designed and engineered in California, the four-door, four-passenger Karma is a series plug-in hybrid that combines the zero-emission benefits of an all-electric car with the full driving range of a conventional car. It will offer a responsible alternative to those in the market for traditional full size, fully equipped luxury cars.
- Lithium-ion power / Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- 0-60mph = 5.9 sec
- Top Speed = 125mpg (200 km/h)
Dual electric rear motors, rear wheel drive with mid-mounted battery pack and front/mid mounted Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)/Generator combination
- Electric Drive motors: 2x 150 kW (403 HP Total)
- Battery: 20 kW (Peak) Lithium-ion Located Longitudinally Below Floorpan Along the Centerline
- Gasoline Engine: 260 HP Turbocharged 2.0 liter Direct Injection
- Driving Experience: Single Speed Fixed Gear
- Linear opposed to exponential acceleration
Get yours HERE!