Tag Archive: julio santo domingo
Children and Monsters,
Playtime is finally here! Make up and dress up for HALLOWEEN, on Sunday October 30th, Sheik ‘n’ Beik will keep you dancing and crawling on walls all day and night leading into Monday 31st.
For all you superstitious souls out there, join the 13 hour decapitation at our favorite haunted venue, Tammany Hall. The gates will open at 3PM on Sunday and close at 4AM on Monday morning.
For our 4th Halloween, we’ve decided to bring together our family and extended family who’ve been with us at some point or another over the last year. We have a very SPECIAL treat for all with the first LIVE set by FoNG since 1999 and his breakthrough years in the Dominican Republic.
*The rest of the crew will be joining us from all over the planet.*
Los Angeles’, Nikko Gibler with hot new releases on Culprit, Left’d and PetFood
Andre Buljat & Mirus representing 4line records from Barcelona.
Sheik ‘n’ Beik regulars Pierre Dousse from Geneva Switzerland, RomainviLLe from Gainsville Florida, Varick from Amsterdam, and Xander & Jeffrey Scott from NYC.
Other NYC warriors joining us for the blood bath will be Sleep Is So Commercial’s Cem & Rg, Mr. O’Neil, MNMLKTCHN’s Daniel Dominguez, The Low Pitch Orchestra and finally for his NYC debut, the violator himself, Ice Pick Paul from Protect Yourself Recordings.
Last but not least Julio will be sure to keep you entertained all day/night.
Lighting up the walls will be James Barnes from Waking Dream.
Don’t forget to bring ID’s.
SHEIK ‘N’ BEIK!
Door: $20 (3-5PM), $30 later.
Last year I posted my thank you’s of the year….I want to take this moment to once again thank all of the very special people in my life. There are some new additions this year!
• Laura My Love… There’s nothing I can say that could sum up how grateful I am to have you by my side….
• My wonderful Parents… For making sure I was a man of good and giving me a home full of love to grow up in…
• Alex, Iñigo, Piggy and Andrea… for being like a second family to me….
• Marcelo Arredondo & Family… for being the best brotha from a different motha… I could’ve ever found.
• Gerardo Chapa & Daniel Cantisani…. For being my crazy brothers and partners in crime.
• Julio Santo Domingo…. For believing in magic and pushing it to the limit…
• Ferruko Perez-Salinas & Family… For showing me total affection and that everything is possible if you dream and work hard.
• Jo Little & Mickey Curbishley…. For always taking care of me when I most need it… My honorary Mom n’ Pops.
• Nima Bararsani & Family… For being the best new friend I’ve made in 16 years and showing me that it’s NOT all about techno.
• Diego Martinelli, Gil Montiel, Fidel Hoyos & Mavv Vidal… For their unbelievable hospitality and their effort to push me in the best direction always…
• Andrei Osyka, Jen Woodward & Droogs + Clovis… For always being so amazing and courteous with me and Laura…
• Damian Lazarus & Marcia … For your wonderful hospitality and your insatiable desire to keep your friends warm and welcome.
• Lee Curtiss… For being so cool and wise and curious enough to make experimental music with me…
• Matt Tolfrey… For giving my music a shot.
• Andrea Fiorito… For being my best friend overseas and an amazing positive force in my life.
• Mikael Stavostrand & Michelle Meekins… for opening the doors to their place to us and being such a nice, real, friendly, interesting couple.
• Luis Ramos… For taking my picture one too many times.
• Isaac Garza and Mrs…. For giving us the chance to see how your beautiful baby girl grows every day!
• Jeff & Sylvana… For being the funniest most hysterically hillarious couple in history…
• Rachele and Hugo…. For taking me out and being my best friends in Bari when I most needed them.
• Andres Javelly “El Cubano”… For the truth. East LOS for LiFE Homey.
• Marakaz… For your support and good wishes.
• Jesus Warr… For your camaraderie and support always.
• My Mandey Night Friends (Alito, Tavito, Georgie, Laly, La Negra) Whom I miss dearly and football isn’t the same without.
• My Inlaws, Vitorio & Lizia for allowing me to kidnap their baby and putting up with me and my dirty Mexican habits.
• My sister in law, Chiara for being herself and telling me things like she sees them….
• All of my family…. (Carlos, Gaby, Richard, Laura, Juan Carlos, Mariana, Maria Jose, Ricky, Isabel, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom & Dad) For always being available when I need them and loving me in the distance enough for me to feel it even on a cold night…
• Last and certainly not least… All of you, the fans. Thank you for listening, appreciating, downloading, supporting, going to the parties, sharing and spreading the word and passion for quality music. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Could never say it enough!
• I am terribly sorry if I left people out, but I can only write so much per post before my head starts malfunctioning! =) I thank everyone of you for being my friend and or colleague.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thank you very much guys. Hope to see you all very soon! Have a fantastic 2011.
Keep up the good vibes let’s see what the future holds for every one of us.
It’s been a little over a month now since we all met up for
Halloween, and we finally managed to slip out of our
This Thursday December 10th come to a new club, Veranda, and get
your prescribed dose of fine Sheik’n Beik’n beats. We’ve got 2
rooms, 6 djs and the will to end this year in a wild frenzy of
We would also like to use this occasion to salute everyone in our
wonderful community who have supported us all year long by giving
us the energy and inspiration to rediscover our favorite music at
every possible reunion.
Thursday night’s program will have two rooms: the main stage will
be occupied by Ibiza-raised Willie Graff and Sheik ‘n’ Beik
residents FoNG + Julio tag teaming one last time for this year,
and in the side room we will have Nikko Gibler of Friendli Music,
recently back from Berlin where he collaborated with Andrea Fiorito of Mike Shannon’s
Cynosure Recordings. Joining Nikko will be San Francisco’s
Listed Bookings New York residents Hoj & Naveen G. This side room
trio of eclectic musicians will surely keep heads ringing just in
time for xmas!
As expected, the entry will be free of charge.
If we don’t see you on Thursday, we wish you a happy holiday
season and look forward to seeing you all in January, and
particularly on Saturday February 6th for the 2-year anniversary
of Sheik ‘n’ Beik for what we promise will be a night to
May the force be with you.
The Sheik ‘n’ Beik Team
Willie Graff (Circus Company)
FoNG + Julio (Sheik ‘n’ Beik)
Nikko Gibler (Friendli Music)
Hoj (Listed, Looq Records)
Naveen G (Listed, Proton)
@ Veranda, 130 7th Avenue & 10th Street (West Village)
I.D. Required 21+
Mailing List: email@example.com