Listen to ”LAX ” (Matt Tolfrey & Lazaro Casanova feat. Nikko Gibler) as the first track on Visionquest’s awesome, brand new feature mix for Mixmag. Great great set guys! Thanx for supporting. Big hug! Click the image above to listen!
Tag Archive: visionquest
After all of the confusion that has risen concerning the WMC and Ultra Music Festival breakup of 2011, most “party travelers” have the same question on their mind, “When should I head out to Miami for the best parties this year?” I have an easy and objective answer for all of you.
If you are a jet-set party animal who never misses a party and flies out to all of the best festivals during the year (Electric Zoo, Burning Man, BPM, Sonar, Movement etc…), your best bet is to head out to MIA during the last 10 days of March. I have found that most respectable labels and promoters will be hosting their parties on the same dates that they have been doing it on for the last couple of years. Although Resident Advisor has only disclosed 2 or 3 of these events, several other lists of parties have leaked all over the web.
I also found out that the events that are happening during WMC are based towards a much more mainstream crowd (what a shocker!! haha). Where’as the parties during Ultra week are more focussed towards the underground clubber and the people running the industry. Now, don’t get me wrong, many mainstream acts will be present at Ultra Music Festival as well (Deadmau5, Carl Cox, Tiesto, etccc), but if what you are after are the small, exclusive, (funner, in my opinion) label parties like Get Lost, Minus, Culprit, Hot Natured, Sheik ‘n’ Beik or Visionquest to name a few, you will be able to find those between the 22nd and the 30th of March.
Here is a comprehensive list of the parties I have found listed online. They may not be official but will definitely give you an idea of what’s going on and when.
March 22 – Nic Fanciulli SAVED Miami: Nic Fanciulli+Matthias Tanzmann+Stacey Pullen+Gary Beck+Jordan Peak. More Guests & Info to follow.
March 22 – Laidback Luk – Super You and Me – LIV
March 22 – Air London at Electric Pickle
March 23 – Virum @ Grand Central
March 23 – Sydney Blue’s party
March 23 – DJ Mag/Recession Sessions 3 at Shelbourne pool
March 23 – Roger Sanchez – Release Yourself at Mansion
March 23 – Hard Miami @ Grand Central
March 24 – 27 – Basic NYC at Beach Plaza hotel
March 24 -Juicy Beach
March 24 – Luciano, Carl Craig and Reboot at Shelborne pool
March 24 – Above and Beyond/Anujabeats at Ice Palace
March 24 – Hernan Cattaneo @ TBA
March 24 – Basic NYC @ Beach Plaza
March 25 – Visionquest – Electric Pickle
March 25 – Steve Lawler – Lights Out @ arcadia
March 25 – Future Sound of Breaks – Mekka
March 25 – Hernan Cattaneo @ TBA
March 26 – Steve Lawler – Viva @ karu & y
March 26 – John Digweed @ Vagabond
March 26 – Erick Morillo at LIV
March 26 – Get Lost at electric pickle
March 26 – Swedish House Mafia – Masquarade Motel – location TBA
March 26 – Hernan Cattaneo @ TBA
March 24 – Basic NYC @ Beach Plaza
March 25-27 Ultra Music Festival
March 25-27 – Sunday School for Degenerates
March 27 – Hot Natured at Electric Pickle
March XX – Dirty South has confirmed being in Miami during Ultra week…
March XX – Listed party
March XX – Steve Angello’s Size Matters party
March XX – Ovum/Josh Wink’s party
March XX – Ritchie Hawtin’s Mnus party
March XX – Pete Tong’s pool party
March XX – Max Vangelli @ TBA
March XX – THREE @ TBA
Pacha NYC parties http://pachanyc.com/miami2011/
opium group parties
Space Events per LP’s press release
TBA Basic NYC parties
3/9 Get large WMC 2011
3/10 Derrick carter @ shine
3/11 Marco V @ cameo
3/11 Markus Sultz @ space
3/11 Danny Tenaglia Score
3/12 Victor Calderone, chus & ceballos @ space
3/13 Danny tenaglia pool party
3/12 Boris @ SurfComber Pool
3/12 dy & Soul 15th Anniversary featuring Francois K, Danny Krivit, and Joe Clausell @ The Shelborne Pool
3/13 Danny Tenaglia @ SurfComber Pool
March XX – THREE @ TBA
When are you heading out there?
Last year I posted my thank you’s of the year….I want to take this moment to once again thank all of the very special people in my life. There are some new additions this year!
• Laura My Love… There’s nothing I can say that could sum up how grateful I am to have you by my side….
• My wonderful Parents… For making sure I was a man of good and giving me a home full of love to grow up in…
• Alex, Iñigo, Piggy and Andrea… for being like a second family to me….
• Marcelo Arredondo & Family… for being the best brotha from a different motha… I could’ve ever found.
• Gerardo Chapa & Daniel Cantisani…. For being my crazy brothers and partners in crime.
• Julio Santo Domingo…. For believing in magic and pushing it to the limit…
• Ferruko Perez-Salinas & Family… For showing me total affection and that everything is possible if you dream and work hard.
• Jo Little & Mickey Curbishley…. For always taking care of me when I most need it… My honorary Mom n’ Pops.
• Nima Bararsani & Family… For being the best new friend I’ve made in 16 years and showing me that it’s NOT all about techno.
• Diego Martinelli, Gil Montiel, Fidel Hoyos & Mavv Vidal… For their unbelievable hospitality and their effort to push me in the best direction always…
• Andrei Osyka, Jen Woodward & Droogs + Clovis… For always being so amazing and courteous with me and Laura…
• Damian Lazarus & Marcia … For your wonderful hospitality and your insatiable desire to keep your friends warm and welcome.
• Lee Curtiss… For being so cool and wise and curious enough to make experimental music with me…
• Matt Tolfrey… For giving my music a shot.
• Andrea Fiorito… For being my best friend overseas and an amazing positive force in my life.
• Mikael Stavostrand & Michelle Meekins… for opening the doors to their place to us and being such a nice, real, friendly, interesting couple.
• Luis Ramos… For taking my picture one too many times.
• Isaac Garza and Mrs…. For giving us the chance to see how your beautiful baby girl grows every day!
• Jeff & Sylvana… For being the funniest most hysterically hillarious couple in history…
• Rachele and Hugo…. For taking me out and being my best friends in Bari when I most needed them.
• Andres Javelly “El Cubano”… For the truth. East LOS for LiFE Homey.
• Marakaz… For your support and good wishes.
• Jesus Warr… For your camaraderie and support always.
• My Mandey Night Friends (Alito, Tavito, Georgie, Laly, La Negra) Whom I miss dearly and football isn’t the same without.
• My Inlaws, Vitorio & Lizia for allowing me to kidnap their baby and putting up with me and my dirty Mexican habits.
• My sister in law, Chiara for being herself and telling me things like she sees them….
• All of my family…. (Carlos, Gaby, Richard, Laura, Juan Carlos, Mariana, Maria Jose, Ricky, Isabel, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom & Dad) For always being available when I need them and loving me in the distance enough for me to feel it even on a cold night…
• Last and certainly not least… All of you, the fans. Thank you for listening, appreciating, downloading, supporting, going to the parties, sharing and spreading the word and passion for quality music. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Could never say it enough!
• I am terribly sorry if I left people out, but I can only write so much per post before my head starts malfunctioning! =) I thank everyone of you for being my friend and or colleague.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thank you very much guys. Hope to see you all very soon! Have a fantastic 2011.
Keep up the good vibes let’s see what the future holds for every one of us.